Sunday, December 9, 2007

Treading the Rough Terrain - Written November 21st, 2007

This time of year always seems to bring the toughest trials. I came to this conclusion just the other day when God spoke to me "tread through the rough terrain." The past couple of weeks have been a spiritual battle for me as well as a physical one. My head has been unclear, and my energy level low. Yet every day, I get up with the same dogged determination to be a valuable servant for Christ. ..:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Have I met the standards I set for myself every day? Have I completed the measure of holiness I set for myself every day? Was I perfect steward over my life in every role I carry? NO!

Yet, every 'lucid' moment I did give praise and honor to God through my lips and my life. I never once dishonored Him or His name as His servant or child according to His Word.

Every day I felt well enough I would exercise and walk my dog and pray. I would read and meditate on the Word the best that I could. It surely has been a time I am glad that the Word is hidden in my heart that I might draw from it, for strength and declaration!

Even so, I was feeling a little weary, I had missed some important events, suffered some physical attacks, so justifiably, I was weary. It was then God encouraged me with "tread through the rough terrain." That's all He said but somehow I knew that He was telling me it was going to be okay once I was done treading through this rough spot.

I likened it to hiking, when you come to a real hard part of the hike. It's not long, but it's quite difficult. You take a deep some breaths, drink some water and trod it out because you know once you get through the rough terrain of the hike, you'll be able to go back to enjoying the journey of the hike.

So for now, I'm taking it one day at a time. Not pressing myself to do too much (I'm a list maker! Enough said...), and being at peace with the pace God has me at right now. A pace that will help tread the rough terrain successfully... and for that I love and adore Him, my Father, my Savior, my Lord.

No comments: