Monday, February 18, 2008

2008 – The year of new beginnings and what a new beginning it has been. In a conversation with a friend recently she mentioned how God didn't say
what KIND of new beginning it would be! I had to think for a moment but soon realized she had a valid point.

It would be just like God to start out the year of new beginnings with some gut wrenching turmoil – that started late last year. Almost as if a testing of our commitment and faith in Him, to see if we would still believe, still stand on His Word.

Just a few days ago though I sensed a shift was about to take place. I remember feeling the heavy spirit of sadness or impending doom that had mysteriously been weighting me down the past couple of weeks was gone. It was like feeling a distinct lightness in my spirit and whole being.

Today God confirmed it through the Word preached at church. Our Pastor spoke of a shift taking place and that God is getting us ready for our next assignment, move and mandate. He also said God is about to make a kingdom deposit but only for those who had order in their lives.

Holding on these past several weeks of 2008 has been a rough journey, but I am so grateful for the grace and purpose to hold on. Through this I have been reminded how the Word really is Strength and Power. Had I not been a proven student of the Word, it wouldn't have been in me to draw upon for resilience.

Even as I have been writing this, the enemy has not been lying dormant but sticking his little imps of confusion all about to try and take me off course. This is the natural course of events after God moves. I thank God for making plain the crooked path the imps were attempting to draw me down. His Word says, He shall make every crooked path straight (Isaiah 40:4, Luke 3:5).

He also tells us to watch AND pray. I am reminded through my journey this year so far how important this is to our well being and growth. (For reference see - 1 Peter 5:8, Luke 21:34-36, Mark 13:33).

I believe this year is going to be very interesting and I can honestly say I am really looking forward to what's ahead.


 

Talitha Cumi

No comments: